Hi, Listers:
    My name is Mike and I am new (30 = minutes) to your fine list.  Normally I am sit back and watch the Email kind = of guy but I really have a problem.  Have 87 GL and had engine crater at = 83000 miles.  Bought new one from VW dealer in Dallas (200 miles away) = and had installed by a 25 year VW tech (now in private practice) with no = problems.  Motor run smooth and flawlessly throughout long radiator bleed procedure = and 100 mile break-in trip.   Problem now is some sensor is telling = computer to rich up the FI's and she loads up.  You can tap accelerator and = problem abates for a few miles(minutes) then returns.  Everything is stock (exhausts, etc)  Water lines and exhaust etc got a healthy dose of water/oil mix at the time of engine crater but all was drained out and = cleaned at time of engine install.   Dallas dealer says can be any of = 30 different things and they will be glad to help me.  They said start = looking for faulty grounds at dizzy, etc.  I don't think we missed any = grounds but I'm still looking.  Anyway I am just before tow-dollying my "Baby" = to Big D but would like to avoid the trip.  Any thoughts on this would be = greatly appreciated.   Please forgive long post as it is not my usual thing.

Regards,
Mike McCrary
87 Vanagon GL-Daily Driver
Assorted ACVW toys