David,

>Fair warning, though -- it will be back.  = Maybe next
> week, maybe in five years.  The carbon track is = worn out where the wiper bears on it.

This van has made major progress with very little expense. So = far I have only bought:
Coolant temp sensor $32.??
Battery $50.??
a big hose near the AFM at a wrecking yard for = $3.99
and then with basic contact cleaning
and a few adjustments) since I bought it 8 months ago.

Proceeding with caution (mechanics is very = new to me...)
The only reason I sprayed it the electrical = cleaner and elected not to modify the tracking... was because there was no sign of = wear to the track as viewed by the naked eye.
If the cleaner hadn't work, I could always go back in and try something different...
I'm ecstatic with the results so = far...:0)

        =             Mtngal