I greased my Sliding door track [all three places it = glides]
I used the white stuff, Lithium I = think geeze, let me go out to my va.... :0)
Ok, its called "LITH-EASE, All = purpose WHITE lithium Lubricant

| What kind of grease?
| = > and while at it...both my seats tracks but only after I cleared the = tracks
| > of sheep skin/fur from the aged covers
| What kind of = grease?

Same stuff, I also used it to lube = my shifter

I found one of four slides had this = funny looking graphite skid with a part number.  Going to check it out at = VW tomorrow.
| >     I also took my dash apart to = add diElectric gell to all the connectors,
| > well, the ones I could = reach anyway...lol
| Hey, I just got some of this stuff.  Didn't use = it yet.
| >     I decided I'd try to switch the = rear heater fan switch to the other fan
| > switch location...
| = > And I am pleased to say it worked out <I'm happy now>
| Say what.  Switched fan = switch locations?  How come?

I guess that = wasn't too clear, let me try again.
On the dash = near the right side of the steering wheel, where you turnon the A/C AND HEATER FANS? = Well mine fried under the heat... which someone stated they are known to do.... I = was fiddling around (with the dash/tach cluster out) and got to looking at = the wires that ran to these switches and noticed to the rear of the two switches that the wire colors were all the same (4, I think) So I unplugged = it from it's socket and replaced one with the other to see it worked. It = did!!!  hoooray!!!
    So now I managed to solve that mystery. Then I proceeded to take apart the = "fried" switch to verify it's demise... Yep, as the list suggested it died due to melt = down.
| >     Only took me two hours from start to = finish... And all went well. I feel good driving that baby, It's not the beast it = was when I bought it.
| You're fast.
| Cheers, Tom Neal
    THEN added (a = fishing reel oil to the emergency brake, it's better penetrating because it's a = thinner oil)  better go back to the van to see what it's called < = reaching for shoes>

I'm back...
It's "HOPPE'S" lubricating oil = orange w/red print (21/4 oz bottle) Used for firearms, fishing reels...blah, blah, blah...
It's A PURE LUBRICANT
A light, pure orderless oil that = will not gum, harden or turn rancid.
High Viscosity.
Gives lasting protection and = lubrication.
Cleans and protects wood work. ( yep = you read it right)
**Plus it keeps rust = away!!!!
now you know as much as I = do...lol
I also removed the sliding door = panel and lubed and tightened the handle,then added added hoppe's on = everythingthat moved in there... :0)