And I = have an encyclopedia that is 5 times the size of your three manuals put = togeather. Furthermore, Tolstoy's "War and Peace"contains many times more words = than your manuals; not to mention the proposed Federal Budget. That cannot be = matched for sheer size.
   The trouble is; if I want = some info on a particular part on my Vanagon I think it would take quiet a while to = find it in any of the above tomes. A similar difficulity would, I believe, = present itself if one searched your "more comprehensive" Audi, Passat or Jetta manuals.
    What does this mean? = Obviously Gross Registered Tonnage does not, in itself, mean a thing. In the 6 = years I have had the Westy and the Bentley I have yet to search for something I = did not find.
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Sullivan
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 = 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: Bentley really = sucks

Dear List,

The Bentley manual for my Audi 200 is = THREE TIMES the size of the Vanagon manual.
The Bentley manual for my = 1996 Passat is TWICE the size of the Vanagon manual.
The Bentley manual for a = 1997 Jetta is THE SAME length as the Vanagon manual.

What does this = mean? Obviously VW/Audi instructs Bentley to write "more comprehensive" = manuals for their "more expensive" vehicles. In short: the Vanagon Bentley manual = really does "suck" when compared to other Bentley's!!!!

Cheers,
MJS

At 09:47 PM 5/2/99 = -0700, Zezoff wrote:
>I have Mercedes manuals and they are incredible. = I suggest you all buy a
>used Mercedes instead of VWs. I own both, = so I speak from experience.
>
>The Westy is a 82 diesel. The = Bentley manual gives me no clue at all.

Michael J. Sullivan
Director of Catalog Design
Open Market, = Inc.

phone: 781.359.7624