I finally got to work on retro-fitting jump seats = into my '85 GL.  Upon pulling up the carpeting and insulation boards I noticed = thin oil of some sort covering the metal surface of the floor.  Is this a = rust preventative of some sort or is this the result of the infamously leaky = rear heater?  I would have instantly assumed the heater was the source = except that this liquid was evenly spread across the whole floor surface, not = just concentrated by the heater core.  On top of that, is doesn't have = the distinctive coolant smell.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
mark