If you look closely at the Mexican bus = brochure (at http://www.oz.net/~sneakers/mexibus.htm= ), on the back page, lower right, it = says "Impresion 7/94" which even with my non-existent command = of the Spanish language I'm willing to bet means the brochure was = printed in 7/94. I'm not making any assertions as to whether they are = or aren't sold anymore, only that the brochure is almost 5 years old. = It's still cool, though.

For anyone who's interested, a few = months ago I was intrigued with the possibility of importing a Mexican = bus, and after perusing VW Mexico's website (see http://www.vw.com.mx/room/combi_e.html<= FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> ), had the following e-mail  = exchange:

I wrote:

yada, yada...
> I wonder if = you might be able to send me additional printed
> information = about
> the = Combi/Panel vans you sell in Latin America. I am interested in = the
> possibility of = importing such a vehicle to the USA and would like to
> find out a = little more about them.
etc...

I had received sales = literature from VW in Germany via this route, so I figured I'd give it = a shot.

They = responded:

> Thank you for = your interest in Volkswagen cars manufactured in Mexico.
>
> We want to = inform you that VWM is currently not producing the Combi, but
> VW Brazil, = therefore we have to ask you to contact them directly to the
> following = address:
>
> VW = BRAZIL
> Estrada = Marginal de Via Anchieta
> K.M.23.5 = Barrio Demarchi
> Sao Bernardo = Do Campo, Brazil
> = Phone:5511-753-2714
> = Fax:5511-753-2093
>
> We hope this = information can help you.
> Best = regards,
> Daisy = Farfán
> Export = Division

I didn't follow = through on it, but if you've got visions of shiny new-old busses = dancing in your head, this might be a good starting point.

Doug = Fitz-Randolph
Yarmouth, ME
dfrandolph@talkam.net
'90 Syncro