I just replaced the A/C compressor  on my ' 89 Carat which had = a leaking front seal. I evacuated the system with a vacuum pump for about = an hour and refilled the system with R-12 ( I bought a 30lb canister of R-12 a = few years ago when it was still relatively cheap, and finally had a chance to use = some of it ). With an ambient temperature of about 78 deg I measured an outlet temperature of 50 deg at the outlet above the drivers seat. This is with = the vehicle standing still. I believe this is about what I was = getting from the old compressor. My question - how does this match up with the = A/C systems in list members vanagons? Good, bad, average?

Frank
S. California

89 Carat

85 5000s