Dont panic = yet,  maby it isnt so bad. If I understand the workings of these things correctly = the fact that yours is working AT ALL indicates that nothing in the fridge itself = is really broken. Mine had a similar performance to yours before I tore it = apart last year. There was nothing really wrong in there that a good cleaning = didnt fix. I found the source of the troubles was a couple of dead roaches in = the combustion chamber. Lord knows how they got in there as the roaches were = larger than any opening to the chamber. That cleaning raised the performance = from lousy to tollerable. Reading the past reports from others here led me to = believe that this was pretty much it but some of the fixes I am reading here give me = high hopes.

----- Original Message -----
From: Horace K. Sawyer
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Monday, May 24, 1999 = 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: My Westy fridge -- = may be the worst!

Bummer of bummers -- my fridge is running on electric = 110 and is only chillin to, get this:  60

Absolutely = sucks!  Probably the worst on the list, I didn't even know it!

What's = even more of a bummer is that I am completely freaking about trying to = take that baby out and commence "fixing."    I have been keeping = up with all the list traffic about Dometics, but now I know I have a = problem and I got myself psyched out already and that ain't good.

Maybe = I will get my act together this weekend . . .

Somehow I just know = this is going to be = rough

<arghh>

HK