-----Original = Message-----
From: J. Eric Pitman <norton85@BELLATLANTIC.NET&g= t;
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Thursday, May 27, 1999 9:57 PM
Subject: Trans Problems

When the Trans in my 84 Westy = craped out on me I ordered a aircooled 80-83 trans with a modified linkage from = Trans-Form in CA. the whole thing includeing shipping cost about a $1000 with a = one year warrenty. I have had no problems with it and have 20,0000 miles = on it so far. I used the back dated trans kit so I can swap gear ratios if = I want to, for the water cooled trans you cant do that you are stuck with = factory ratios only
Eric P
84 Westy(Green Hornet)

You can cut the pinion gear and = have the pinion head welded to a earlier 002 pinion shaft. (this works well) = You can then use the array of gears available for the 002 boxes in the 091s.        Todd