I think I solved my own = problem! The measurement of the change in water column height should = NOT be the distance one side rises when pressure is applied, but that = distance PLUS the distance the other side falls - i.e. "the height = difference of the ends of the water" as Mark said in his original = e-mail - and I managed to misinterpret! So my 5 inch increase on one = side of the "u" actually would translate into 10 inches = difference between the levels on both sides - which is pretty close to = the 11 inch spec. according to my "enlightened" thinking. =

While on the subject, = though... The other day, Adam Grove mentioned in his description of his = '91 Westy Syncro for sale (maybe) that the PO had installed two propane = tanks which filled from a common filler valve. I wonder how this was = done? Perhaps just using a "T" and a few elbows and piping to = connect the tanks? I would imagine pipe that was suitable for tank = pressure would be rigid (copper wouldn't be the thing to use, right?) , = so I wonder what effect body flex might have on the system and how the = PO took this into account. Does Adam or anyone else have any input on = this??

Doug Fitz-Randolph
Yarmouth, ME
dfrandolph@talkam.net
'90 Syncro