From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf Of Fitz-Randolph, = Douglas
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 7:57 = AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Propane pressure... = oops! Also, dual lp tanks

I think I solved my own = problem! The measurement of the change in water column height should NOT be the = distance one side rises when pressure is applied, but that distance PLUS the = distance the other side falls - i.e. "the height difference of the ends = of the water" as Mark said in his original e-mail - and I managed to misinterpret! So my 5 inch increase on one side of the "u" = actually would translate into 10 inches difference between the = levels on both sides - which is pretty close to the 11 inch spec. according to = my "enlightened" thinking.

While on the subject, = though... The other day, Adam Grove mentioned in his description of his '91 Westy = Syncro for sale (maybe) that the PO had installed two propane tanks which = filled from a common filler valve. I wonder how this was done? Perhaps just = using a "T" and a few elbows and piping to connect the tanks? I = would imagine pipe that was suitable for tank pressure would be rigid = (copper wouldn't be the thing to use, right?) , so I wonder what effect body = flex might have on the system and how the PO took this into account. Does = Adam or anyone else have any input on this??

Doug Fitz-Randolph =
Yarmouth, ME
dfrandolph@talkam.net =
'90 Syncro =