Well, I just want to share that I am = the happy new owner of an '85 Westfalia! It has about 93K miles on it, is in pretty = good shape overall, and is ready for some road trips. I live in Alaska and am = planning to drive it around town (pretty low miles) as a daily driver as well = as camping.

Some basic questions: What = recommendations does anyone have on fuel? I usually use regular unleaded in my cars so I want = to know if there is any reason to upgrade with the van.

What about the Marvel Mystery oil? Is = that something that is recommended to add for regular use?

Other than routine maintenance, is = there any other advice (online or otherwise) specific to owning and maintaining a = Vanagon? I do know about the antifreeze, and am planning to have my radiator flushed = before winter and use Phosphorous-free anti-freeze (right?).

I have been watching the list for a = while, now, and am looking forward to learning more and more about my VW. If the = information I need is in the archive, let me know. I haven't had much luck being able = to search it; but, I will persist more if knowledge is = there...

Brian
'85 Westy (yeah!)
bwalch@akonline.org