I am new to the list so first thing is to say = hi!

Next, my vanagon recently picked up a vibration (on = a trip back from Billings, MT I live about 150 Miles east).  I had the = local VW guy look at it (mostly he just shakes his head at the syncro stuff) and = he thought it was a bad front outer CV joint.  I replaced the joint = but that didn't eliminate the noise.  I then started going through the = mailing list archives and found that I am not the first with this problem.  I = pulled out the drive shaft and drove the van with no more vibration.  I then = looked at the drive shaft and found that the rear U-Joint is fused.  I am = fairly confident that this was the problem.  I then went to the = vanagon.com vendors list and found a listing for Davis Driveshafts in Bandon, OR = that said they supplied the U-joints.  I attempted to contact them but found = that their number is disconnected.  I have access to a machine shop that = is willing to install the new joints and balance the shaft, I just need the = joints.  Anyone with a lead on these please help!

Dave Williams
87 Syncro
99 Jetta TDI (My wife's car and yes she loves it!)