Sorry should have read that after an hour in the = freezer, it was FULLY OPEN.

Karl
----- Original Message -----
From: Karl Wolz
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 = 9:07 AM
Subject: Auxilliary air = regulator

Hi,

I am questioning whether my auxiliary air = regulator (AAR) is working properly.  Benley's only advice is to squeeze the hose = shut when the engine is cold and observe a drop in RPMs.  I've done that, = and there was no drop.

My observations:  when I pulled it from the = warm engine it was closed, and after cooling to room temp it was partially open, = and after an hour in the freezer, it was closed.

The service tech at my friendly? local VW dealer = says there no way to test the AAR when out of the vehicle.  I figure you = have to be able to measure resistance vs. temp, or something along that = order.  I bought a new one and it seems to behave the same as the one I pulled.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

Karl Wolz