Last week at = the annual Twin Cities Bug-In I heard about a fellow who has a collection of singlecabs = and doublecabs that are available for sale.  I called him and found out = the following info.

His name is Bob Sparks and he lives just outside of Toronto.  He indicated that he collects Vanagon singlecabs and = doublecabs and then offers them for sale.  He does not want to sell them to = dealers, only individually to others who share his joy in owning = them.

He currently has about 10 vehicles, although some = are in need of engines and/or transmissions.  Some examples of his inventory include:
    85 = singlecab, 4 speed      $ 6,500
    85 = singlecab, automatic   $ 7,500
    85 = doublecab, 4 speed    $ 9,500
All prices are in $ U.S. and are = approximate.

He also said he has some Pumas, which are made by VW = of Brazil, with a fiberglass body, sporty-type, on a Bug = chasis.

He is quite adept at importing into the U.S., having = done so for some years.

You can contact him only by phone or mail, as he has = no Internet connection.
(905) 839-9283
280 Davidson Road
Rural Route # 2
Pickering, Ontario L1V2P9

He sent me some pictures of some of his vehicles, = some of which look very nice.

If you are interested in checking out any of this, = contact him, not me.  I have no connection with him other than passing = along this info.  IMHO a phone call is probably the best way to contact = him.  He is very friendly and pretty knowledgeble about Vanagons.

Good luck to all of you single/doublecab Wanabees.

Budd Premack
86 Syncro, = 84 GL(for sale), 73 Super
Minneapolis, MN (Land of Sky Blue Waters)