Being from the midwest where Westies are a = novelty (children point and giggle, or Dead Heads flash you the peace sign) I = was amazed at the magnitude of Vanagons and especially Westies in California. I was = in the Bay Area for a week and took a tour of Marin County, staying in Point = Reyes Station. It seemed every corner I turned there was a veedub bus or = vanagon. Now I understand the popularity of this list and the volume of email it = generates. There are a lot of Vanagons to keep alive out there.

It took me three months of searching throught = the classifieds to find my '85 Westy three hours from my home. I passed a = lot in Marin County that had 10! Vanagons of varying shapes and sizes for sale--unbelievable. Still, after seeing the CA Vanagons, I think I got a = great deal on mine--after I replaced the Coolant Temperature = Sensor.

chris r. rowland
crrowland@earthlink.net
'85 Westy, "Tinkertoy"
"No matter where you go, there you are."