Karl,

Your route should depend upon what you have already seen.  Go = back and revisit your favorite spots and pick up some new ones along the = way.

Canada between MN/WI and Calgary is scenic if you are partial to wheat.  Otherwise, stay further south and see slightly less wheat = and more grass before the 3rd gear climbs start in earnest.

Anywhere in the Rockies, U.S. or Canada is great.  But the = stars are (IMHO) Banff-Lake Louise (if you opt for the northern route), = Yellowstone, Tetons, and CO/UT from Silverton-Teluride all the way through Mesa Verde = and Monument Valley.

I think the Tetons have the fastest ascent from valley to glacier, accessible via a one day round trip hike.  I forget the name of the = creek, but it starts on the west side of Jenny Lake, if memory serves me correctly.  This is the trail where you actually hike from the = front to the back of the Tetons while gazing up at the granite towering above you, = and can do so in only a few hours if you are pressed for time.  Somehow, the combination of a wonderful hike into scenic splendor and time concerns = seems more than a bit incongruous, but that is just the way life seems to be = for many of us too much of the time.

Yellowstone is full of people (and their Winnebagos) but they come = because the combination of thermals, mountains, and canyons are truly = world-class.  The Old Faithful Inn should be visited, even if you always camp/eat in = your Westy.  Don't miss the climb down next to the waterfalls at the = Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone; it is worthy of the effort.

If you haven't had your fill of the Grand Canyon yet (as your are = an AZ resident), choose the North Rim.  It is a bit cooler (1000 ft = higher elevation, I think), more rustic, and has only 10% of the traffic of the = South Rim.

If you are into rafting, you can try the Snake River near the = Tetons (large rafts), the Arkansas River at Beuna Vista, CO, or the Green River at = Moab, UT. I suggest you bring your bike helmuts along, as the last time I did this = (okay, it was 8 years ago), the rafting companies supplied life vests but no helmuts.  I hope this has changed, as it seemed doubtful to me that = after knocking your head against a hard but slippery rock, it would do you = much good to have your scalp kept above the water line, even though you may no = longer be conscious.  I supose it would make it easier to retrieve the body, = but that may be of small concern at that point. Anyway, wear a helmut and life = jacket, and have a safe and exciting float.

Obviously, this is only a partal listing of the scenic delights and = splendor of the West.  It can easily occupy 10 times your 2 week schedule.  Almost anywhere there are scenic vistas and small scale = delights for your lenses.  Why not scan a few of your favorites to the List = upon your return.

Have a great trip, and don't forget some tools and spare parts, as = UPS overnight is just a dream in most of the areas where you will be = going.

Budd Premack
86 Syncro, = 84 GL(for sale), 73 Super
Minneapolis, MN (Land of Sky Blue Waters)