Reply to:   Re: Audi 5-cly turbo diesel Vanagon- on it's way to =

Alaska

mike = wrote:
>Remember = to change that Synthetic oil every 2500-3000 = miles - them
>turbo's love to burn = it up.

Mike,

I just had a mechanic = swear up and down that synth oil should = go 7000. He even advocated just changing = the filter after 3500 to drain less oil = and just top it off to go all the way to = 7000.

Sounds crazy to me but I've heard = of people doing it. I wouldn't mind getting = 5000 out of a synth change though. Thats = how far we're travelling in a couple of = weeks and I wouldn't mind eliminating the = oil change enroute.

Does the list = have an opinion about this?

Jim in Iowa
91 Passat = Wagon GL
89 Westy
66 Beetle