Hi,

I just had my propane tank out to = repaint and to re-valve it. I warned the shop that the new regulator had to be the = same size as the old one to fit into the little plastic cover, but as = dreaded, the replacement they came up with is about two inches longer or so. As I've = been told that there is no direct replacement for the original = regulator, I was wondering what other listees may have come up with to accomodate = the larger size regulators with a cover.

The shop also replaced the inlet valve (which I've heard is an = autostop valve, is this correct?) with just a regular straight through one. Does = this represent any safety concerns, for example, do most gas station = attendants know what they are doing so they don't overfill the tank?

My tank was pretty rusty (it's all cleaned up and painted now), so = I've decided to treat it with a good layer of asphalt based = undercoating. Any reservations here from anyone?

thanks,
Paul Travassos, '85 Westy
Victoria = BC