So, tell me Syncro gurus, if I buy a = Syncro Westy without a diff lock, am I going to be kicking myself the first time I = try to utilize its capabilities?

If so, is the lock something that can = be retrofitted later? If retrofit is possible, what is required? New = tranny? Something smaller? I imagine someday (1-2 years) I'll be putting an = engine upgrade and new tranny in, so that wouldn't be so bad (but less than perfect).

Frankly, my Audi 200tqw has the rear = diff lock and so did my 90Q. I never used them except to demonstrate them to curious passengers. I always figured they were something you used _after_ you = got stuck, and I never got stuck. On the other hand, the Syncro Westy is definitely = more of an offroad vehicle than the Audi so...

What do you think folks?

Thanks!

Tim King
Seattle, WA

...still shopping for that magic syncro = westy.