Reply to:   Re: Shifter Rattle (Was: Re: shift lever adjustment)

Mark,
I was having this same rattling = noise above 65mph which I could ease by = pushing the gearshift lever to one side = or the other. My shift pattern has always = been a little strange and indistinct so = today I lifted the boot and made a tiny (1/4" = or less) adjustment on the plate and lo = and behold....the rattle doesn't appear = below 70 mph. I haven't had it any faster = than that yet but its definitely improved = it and my shift pattern is more distinct.
My = 2¢ worth

Jim = in Iowa
91 Passat Wagon GL
89 Westy
66 = Beetle

= >Wes, = if you look on page 34.6 of the latest Bently, = drawing #34-1297,

drillock@earthlink.net> Reply-to: <= FONT = FACE="Geneva" SIZE=1 COLOR="#0000FF">drillock@earthlink.net
wesn@ESKIMO.COM> Subject: Re:

wesn@eskimo.com<= /U>