Hi All,

Been thinking about the possibility of fitting a diff lock to my *2WD 88 Westie*.  Why, well for the odd occasion that I cannot get up the local hills in the wintertime (6 months of the year).

I did see a diff lock advertised by LockRite for the Vanagon but it is one of those mechanically actuated varieties.  I have been warned off these in the Vanagon due to safety and wear issues (hard on the trans axle I'm told).  The *air or vacume* operated variety seem ideal, switching then on and off as needed makes sense to me.

Anyway, would the Syncro locker just bolt into the 2WD tranny or is it a different beastie?  If so, WHAT EXACTLY is needed to be taken from the donor vehicle?  More importantly, would this be a relatively pain free project or a right royal pain in the @%$?

Any and all suggestions welcomed on this one as I feel this would be worthy addition to a 2WD van if at all feasible that is!  Many 4WD enthusiasts do say that a 2WD vehicle *with* a diff lock will go places a 4WD vehicle *without* will not.......

Regards,
Chris Gibbs
88 Westie