Barry Armitage = wrote:

>Anyway, I am still considering the Yokohamas, but I read on the list in
>the = last month or so that someone recommended the Cooper SRM II Radial
>LT tires.  When I called a local dealership, they said these were
>available in the proper size (so maybe it was recommended = for the
>regular Vanagon, huh?).  They recommended instead the = Lifeliner STE R14
>205/70 tire, which is a light truck tire.  Has = anyone tried these, or
>can anyone recommend another tire?  I never drive off-road, and Ohio
>winters are fairly mild snow-wise.  I am = mainly looking for a road tire.

For what its worth - I haven't replaced the tries on our 85 Westy yet,  but I have been running a set of Cooper Lifeliner II = (very  similar design I recall) on 89 Toyota Camry for the past year.  = They are possibly the best all-season tires I've ever owned and with 260k miles = on the car, I've gone through a set of Michelin's, Dunlops, Pirellii's and a = set of Conti's.  Excellent wet and dry weather handling and very = good in the snow.  We do a lost of driving in PA, NY, OH and northern IN in = search of cross-country skiing.  I didn't even put on 4 Pirelli radial = snows last year - didn't need them with the Cooper's!

No - I'm not a Cooper sales rep nor related to one - just an = extremely satisfied customer.  You might want to check out The Tire Rack at = http://www.tirerack.com.  = Purchased a set of tires for the spouse's Windstar (I know - don't hold it against = me) great service, they beat all the local prices, and UPS delivered them to my = door (the UPS woman is still not talking to me however).  They didn't carry = Cooper's last year - maybe they do now.

Good luck!

Todd = Guttman
85 = Westy