Many of you may recall Listee Bob Berkemer's = plight when a severe storm dropped two trees onto his pristine 84 Westy, = destroying his pop top, and damaging a bit of the sheetmetal.  Fortunately, the = van was unoccupied and no one was injured.

As part of the repair, Bob (who hails from = nearby Menominee, WI) is getting a pop top and associated parts from an 82 = Westy that is available in Minneapolis.  This Westy is said to have a weak = motor, but is otherwise in okay condition.

The entire Westy is available for $1,000, = while the pop top, etc. is less than half of that.  It seems silly to me to not = take advantage of all of those great parts for such an attractive = price.  However, I have an 86 Syncro GL and only want a few miscellaneous = items.

Therefore, this is an opportunity for anyone who would like some = Westy parts.  If a few people are willing to reserve some parts and pay = for them in advance, there will be enough $ to buy the entire Westy.  I am = willing to temporarily park it in my garage (as the Westy will be roofless) so = that parts may be removed and picked up or shipped.  I will be at Buses = by the Arch over Labor Day weekend and could carry large items there for = delivery or transfer to someone else who could deliver them wherever. (You arrange = the shipping details.)  If someone wants the entire van, I could tow it = to BBTA.  Please understand that I don't have enough time and energy = to dismantle the Westy, but I am willing to spend a moderate amount of time = and effort between now and Labor Day.

This is not an attempt to make a few bucks, as it would be more = prudent for me to work extra in my business.  I just am attracted by the = opportunity of getting parts at good prices.

This notice is a bit premature due to Gerry's impending hiatus, so = I don't yet have specific details about the Westy.  I have seen it and = recall that it looked complete.  If there is any interest, I will promptly = (like today) examine it and report back to any interested parties.

Obviously, reply by p-mail is required, although I am also = subscribed to the temporary location of vanagon@nelist.com  (If you = aren't subscribed yet, do it now.)

Okay, the rest is up to you.  If there isn't much demand, then = Bob will simply take the pop top, and the remainder will stay = elsewhere.

Budd Premack
86 Syncro, = 73 Super
Minneapolis, MN (Land of Sky Blue = Waters)