With the = paint resembling a heavy dusting of talcum powder looks like its time to bite = the bullet and have it painted. Finances being what they are it was a choice = between Macco and Earl Schreibe; Earl won (yeah, I know but they seem to do a = pretty good job for the money).
     I intend to do = a good prep job myself before letting them have at it but I am wondering what to do about  that area of the Westy above the rain channel that the = pop-top rubber rests on. The ideal I suppose is to pull the entire top off so = they can reach the area but I am hoping someone here has a better = idea.
    Anyone ever have a = paint job with the top on and simply masked off? How did it turn out?

   Any hints, suggestions or = "watch out for...."s will be appreciated.