The eberspacher BA6 is an awesome machine...anybody with one installed already knows the true pleasure of = heat, especially if you drive an air cooled westy like me. I installed one in = my rig last winter with the help of a real great guy. Robert Keezer = is a whiz with these heaters and even drove to my house from Seattle to = help me install it. He has a bunch of them bench tested. If you're interested = give him a call at 206-878-8423.

Although Eberspachers are great for = when you're on the move on a cold day, or a quick hot blast in the morning, they are = not really a furnace heater like the Carver. they run pretty loud and emit = exhaust under the van. The also use a lot of electrical power (they have 2 = blowers, and a fuel pump). These factors make them not ideal for use as a = "furnace" all night during a campout.

Robert Keezer also has a great deal of info on the = new vented catalytic heaters...he recently toured their factory. He might give you = some insight on this alternative.

Good luck on your search for heat.

Tom VandenBerg
82 Westy-air cooled with massive heat
Klamath Falls, OR