The only experience that I've had = with VWs is with our 85 Westy which I took to the local truck weighing scales and = had weighed with it virtually empty.   At that time it weighed = 3814 #.     My question is that in looking at tire sites = they list for vanagons and nothing for Westies.    How much of = a difference is there between the weight of the vanagon and a Westy and is = the placard on the door jam the same for the loading of the individual axels = and for the max gross vehicle weight.    I guess that I'm = wondering if there are any different reccomedations for the Westy versus theVanagon.    Also I'm usually by myself a lot of the = time as it's a daily driver for me and at 250+ pounds and it shows = tremendously in the tire wear on the tire directly under my seat.   To keep = things all evened out I rotate my tires all the way around including the spare.    That places each tire in all positions at one = time or another.    What are the thoughts on radials going from = side to side instead of front to back as they used to = reccomend.    Any thought appreciated.

Janette & Dick Smith
85 Westfalia--Sally Ann
Norwich, NY