Have you tried VW dealer? Think this might be $10 part. Later -MAX

Jay & Kim Schmidt wrote:

 I am in need of the adjusting rod for the accelaretor linkage for my 84 westy auto. Its the part with the spring over it that connects to the throttle/idle assembly off the intake air distributer. It's threaded with a nut on one end and has a slot for a small screwdriver blade on the other. See Bentley 20.23 My spring  and circlip are OK.Does anyone know of a supplier, or have access to a parts  bus?  It's times like this I wish I lived in Cali! This is a "can't do without" part, so any leads would be appreciated!Jay