if a head crack is a head = crack?  Sounds silly, but today I pulled the intake runners off buth heads while the = engine is out, and I immediately saw several cracks in the metal. It could be = benign I guess as they sorta look like marks a mold would leave, and both heads = show the SAME cracks in the EXACT same location. I mean exactly...one crack on = each side of each hole(4 cracks per head). I have just recently bought the van and = only drove 50 miles or so before removing the engine, but it ran fine and the = head gaskets look really good. My wife recalls the exhaust may have been a = little wet.
Question...Is this why I got a good = running westy for a grand, or am I making something of nothing?  I'd much = rather fix everything right as have to pull the motor again later when I have = come to rely on the bus for transportation.
Who knows heads?
Thank You!
Jay
84 westy in question