84 Vanagon

Two weeks ago I lost my = dash lights and coolant gauge.

Two days ago I lost my speedometer and odometer at the same time.
Over 200 miles, they flickered on = briefly numerous times, meaning
I saw the speedometer needle twitch, = and cumulatively over the 200
miles the odometer logged about = 2.  I've already examined the speedo
unit and can find nothing wrong.

Ideas.....

4 weeks ago I pushed the oxygen sensor = reset button

Yesterday I sealed my leaky = windshield.....

Today I ripped apart the dash looking = for electrical troubles.  There was
lots of corrosion on the ground = connections behind the fuse panel.  Once
I cleaned that up, the dash lights came = back.   But not the speedometer
or odometer.

Could there be some simple thing wrong = with the cable or its
connections?  How can I = tell?

Steve E
Vanagon 84
Lansing Mich