Hi

Thanks to all who replied to my request = for washing tips
Unfortunately I now have a spanking = clean engine that won't start. I was sort of afraid of this but I figured if it = happens and when I track down the problem, I'll know what to do next = time.
I don't expect an accurate diagnosis = from across the sea but some answers to some very general questions would be appreciated.

What I do have is

1. Spark getting out to the = plugs
2. Fuel (I can smell it anyway after cranking)

Question

1. Can I rule out ECU problems if I am = getting spark and probably fuel to the heads. I haven't checked at the injectors = yet. (I am worried about a potential short causing damage although it does seem = highly unlikely)

Its been sitting for 24hrs now so the = only water will be trapped deposits.
The only thing I can think of is that I = have somehow got water into the fuel intake system although a hole big enough = to allow this would surely affect the general running (or non-running) of = the car me-thinks.

Oh well. Not overly concerned yet as I = haven't had time to dig into it with a multi-meter so My tests so far are cursory.

If I learn anything from this I'll be = sure to make it available
Thanks

Dom