Hi

I'm not normally one to complain but I = saw something today that really made my blood boil.
I was surfing through the busdepot = catalogue, and what a fine service you all have over there I must say, and I came = across something which I am having trouble finding here

"Hubcap Set of 4, Heavy-Duty Genuine = VW, Stock on 80-up Euro Vanagon, fits 71-92, Painted Silver" $US29.95.

I rang VW in Sydney a couple of months = ago to enquire of the price for these items (not the chrome ones) and they = wanted $AU80.00 each for them. That's $AU320.00 ($US206.00) for a set of = painted hubcaps that VW have been pressing out since the 70's.
Then I remembered the time I rang them = for an engine criossmember. $AU680.00 ($US440.00) for a piece of bent steel. (I = had mine beaten back and refitted for $40.00)
Then the time I asked about a rear = bumper $AU380.00 ($US245.00) which I ended up getting from an independent importer of VW = parts, new and painted for $170.00 ($US113.00)

Now I ask myself. After the price I got = on the hubcaps, why did I even bother ringing them about the rest. I can only = think that they must only get an order when someone is doing an insurance job. = No wonder our premiums are so high

Dom