I too recently replaced one of these, just after I got the vanagon = running I took it 2 blocks downtown to get the tires aired up. While I was on = the third tire I heard a LOUD pop, then the van quit and I smelled gasoline! I = searched under the van and found the end cap ( the clamp was nowhere to be found = as it had rusted to the point that it must have disintegrated) I noticed this when  was in the engine comp. but wasn't sure how much pressure was = in there. I took out my trusty needlenose vice grips and clamped the cap = back on and drove it back home. I called Fun Buggies in Grand Rapids and he had = a brand new one in stock...$27.95. Since Al only had one I called the local VW = dealer (shudder) and ordered a second "just in case" They wanted $33.00 , so I = guess that wasn't too bad of a markup, but they did have to order it! Took 3 = days! Glad I didn't need it right away. Tom