84 vanagon

Speedo cable from = bearing to box with my oxygen sensor
reset switch seems to be broken at or inside the bearhing
housing.  How does that end of the = cable come out?  There
is a rubber plug thing that the cable = goes through.  It looks like
that cable should be jammed into the = bearing housing.  Instead,
that thing has slid up the cable a ways = and does no good at all.
Has that exposed the interior of the = bearing to dirt?  When
I jack up the car and spin the wheel = hard with the engine in
neutral it goes *maybe* 2 around before = stopping with a soft
grind.  Could that be dirt that = has pile in through the loose-fitting
cork thingie?

Unrelated.... sort of..... should I = think about repacking my wheel
bearings?

Steve