I think I am in need of replacing a CV = joint. The other day, I was driving to work which takes about 45 minutes. 30 = minutes into the drive I came to a stop light and took off normally. A clunking = sound eminated from the rear. It got louder and louder and more frequent as I = drove faste. I stopped for a minute to inspect underneath. Didn't see anything = out of the ordinary, so I thought I would try and get to work by driving it = real easy. It still clunked until I hit a nice bump in the road - the noise = stopped. Once in a while the noise would re-occur when turning a corner, again it will = stop if a bump is hit or if I move the drive shaft back and forth by = hand.
A mechanic advised me to switch the = CV's from one side to the other in order to wear the ball and races = differenty.
Any tips and tricks from ya all on this?????

Thanks, Ken
Ontario, = CANADA