----- Original Message -----
From: Lance[in the U.K.]
Subject: Vanagon oil pressure switches

Hello there!!
My Vanagon,[a Transporter here in the = U.K],oil pressure light/buzzer seems to have a mind all of it's own.I can chug = along at around 50 MPH/80 KPH for a half hour or so,but when I lift off,even = slightly,the goddamn lamp flashes,buzzer sounds,etc,etc,.Then it all goes quiet when = the revs drop further,then I gas it a little , it flashes/sounds again,up to = around 50,  all sweetness and light.It doesn't happen every time,nor at = the same RPM in other gears.I have read the FAQ,[ my mechanic says there is only = one oil pressure switch],and tried stuff,but as yet ,no banana.It's a'86 1.9 = liter,btw. HELP!!