Three cryptic questions for the = veteran Vanagon mechs out there.
1.  Does the 77-79 Type 2 fuel = pump for efi the same as the vanagon(86-91)?
2.  After successfully = instaling a Time Sert(tm) steel insert to replace stripped threads on my oil drain = plug,  the next oil draining the threaded piece and drain plug came out = together despite using red loctite on the new oversize case threads and = meticulously cleaning the surfaces to remove all traces of oil(amazing what hooking = up a shop vac to the oil filler hole will do to prevent the drip drip drip on = those last 3 oz. of oil draining out of the crankcase) for drying up the new threads. = Also, I tried using the suction from the bottom side ofthe tapping to get those = last few aluminum chards after the tap phase ofthe repair with excellent = results(I did this obviously prior to the suction technique via the oil filler = hole!).  Question is, is there something stronger than red loctite to use for = these threads.  I did use a new drain plug with the timesert = btw.

3.  Is there a fairly simple = method to determine whether or not your flywheel surface needs resurfacing when = doing a clutch replacement?  Mine is slipping badly, most likely due to oil = contamination, or is this just a good thing to do regardless of why the = clutch has gone south?

Thanks

Max Wellhouse(yes,that's my real = name)  90GL  139k  N. Little Rock  AR