Hi Fellow Syncronauts!

    I just wanted to let you all know that after a 40 m= ile test drive and two
days the exterior seal I made with silicone on the first joint of the
tranny (nearest to the driveshaft) is doing very well!
   It was easy to clean the suspect seal area with TSP and a= brush (an old
toothbrush works great, and a wire brush can be helpful too), then a spray<= BR> bottle with water washes away the tsp and I can see immediately if its clea= n
by the way the water reacts, (if it beads it is still oily).  As soon = as its
dry I apply two successive coats of silicone, the second about an hour
later.  The exterior metal is clean enough for the silicone to make a = good
seal, deep down in the gap it may still be oily but I guess the silicone bridges enough over it enough to stop the flow.
    Normally by this time there would already be severa= l drops of oil, but
there is absolutely none!  If this doesnt work and I have to take the = nose
off and make an interior seal I'll just do that, (or live with this small leak), but this was so much faster & easier!
     I'll post to the group if it holds (or not) i= n a
week or longer.  So far I'm delighted!

  Peter '87 syncro , '87 Honda CBR 600