While pulling the tranny to r&r = the clutch and related components, I wondered how I'd survive suppporting the  = front of the engine while pulling the tranny out.  Rigged up a simple = 2x4" longenough to bridge the engine access hole and then used a short(in my = case a frayed one thart I was ready to throw out) cam strap.  What's a cam = strap?  It's a tool most serious whitewater raft guides use to lash = their frames down to their rafts  It is nothing more than 1" flat = nylon webbing with an Ancra cast aluminum cam buckle sewed on one end.  = they are also popular for tie downs for canoes and kayaks if you are knot-challenged.   That buckle is hell for stout and by simply = running the webbing through the hole in the top of the case near the flywheel, = it was easy to set the tension just as I wanted it.  The big bonus was the = easy realease when guidingthe tranny back in so the right angle could be = attained to get the two mated again.   for those not strong enough to pull = the strap tighten enough initially, you could always jack up the front of = the engine slightly and then set the cam buckle and then release the jack.  = The straps are available at most canoe and kayak shops.  They range in price = from $4-$6 depending on length(a short 6' one is way ong enough).  Don't = waste the money on Yakima straps  The designer colors disapear once you = get them greasy anyway!.  NRS is a major manufacturer of these items as is Voyaguer(mad riveer vcanoe).

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel