I really hope that I = am not the one and only that started all this polemic about oil filters ??? Two = weeks ago, I wrote that I had my engine rebuilt last year with a new long block etc = etc at a Vw dealer for 4K$ cdn and they had told me never to put another oil = filter than the Vw Audi  070 115 561 or if not available, a Bosch. More, = if I wanted my  head gaskets to hold, only the VW coolant  should = be used !!! but you know dealers... they want to sell their products... but I = have to tell you all, that my girlfriend of 19 years has been working for a VW = dealer for the same length of time, and the 15 last years as a = sale representative ( average: 135 cars a year ), so she is the  " boss" ...( to all = those men that have wives or girlfriends that do not like VWs, I have to make = sacrifices elsewhere? ).   This filter "thing" restarted when I came back = home with a new Fram " Double Guard" filter, that was on sale (9.99$) . = When she saw it, she said: " you are not going to put this on Zephyr, are you ? = no, I bought it to put on the living room mantel !!!  So...I did return = it to the store and drove to the dealer...for a 070... So we are  a happy = couple again, just for a filter !  By the way, a vanagon friend on this = site told me that Bosch filters were made by Fram... sorry, they are made by Champ = ( is Champ owned by Fram ?) in the States for all of North America...Also, =   I once said to somebody on this site that I have had 15 VWs...Sorry, that = was 11 when I recounted (+ 4 english cars ) and I am still trying to understand = them and  also understand myself to keep buying them  ( the old = ones )??? but I drive and tried most of the newer models since we have to rent one = from the Vw dealer as a test car, and we do love the New Beetle, and hope = that everyone of you will have the chance to test drive one. I forgot: this = is not the site for " auto" biographies, 1000 = excuses.
pierre a.lachance
lac beauport, que
zephyr 85 and others