I really enjoyed this = letter of someone last week that was asking what to do..., for he  had to = change his spark plugs every 20K  or 30K miles because they were "eaten" = ... yes "eaten". I was brought up in a family that, in the end of october, when you  now change the batteries in your smoke or fire detector, and = change the time  on your clock, to spend a good afternoon on your = car...  First, change the spark plugs, even if they look like new, look and = change any ignition parts that ...; look at the electric blanket that = surrounds  and heats the battery; the engine heater... I do not know if Dr Tim will = read this... Whatever... In a way, I believe in DM, but  "god save the = queen", the vw engine heaters are the worst that I have ever seen, not to = say more. I have used them since the 60's, they look and are these things = that they sell at a " dollar store " to heat your coffee. I think they were never = legal for heating hot water ( at least in canada ) ... but are for Vws = ??? and you have to use them... but  on the contrary, what I really like, = about westies  is the second battery. You can always carry your wires to = " boost " the other one !  More, change the oil with a mixture of 5W30 syn = and regular or better 0w30; 5W50 if your are planning to go down to florida = and see your inlaws...Next, wipers, blowers, rear window heater and wipers ,tires,scrapers...etc etc as somebody already said  HAPPY Winter = with a capital W...
pierre =
lac beauport, pq