From: joe winter [mailto:fuyusan@HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 6:43 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Syncro/Weekender questions

I am looking at an 87 Syncro.  Everything is OK = when driving it but on
downshift to 2nd, it is hard to engage the gear = (like the shifter hangs up).
  It will drop in a second or two later.  = This is at normal speeds (or what
I would consider normal on my 87 GL).  = Everything is fine on the way up the
gears.  Is this the beginning of the dreaded = 2nd/3rd slider problem?  Along
that line, what does it cost to have one of these = boxes rebuilt?

The Syncro is not a weekender, which my other 87 = is.  Can the back seat be
switched from one van to the other?

Joe
87 GL Weekender
85 BMW K100RS