I bought a couple a months ago a 82 = Westy and since then I have purchased, replaced everything with the exception of the transmission. I notice that the fuel economy around town is between 15.5 = and on a good day almost 17mpg. The engine runs great with the exception of = lacking some horse power. The book says it has 67 hp and is a 2.0 litre engine. = My other car is a 95 Caravan 3.0 litre and gets about 17 to 18 mpg in the city = and has about 150hp and ten times the acceleration. Is there something wrong = with the vanagon on the mileage rating? you would figure the VW would get around = town a minimum of 22-25mpg. Are there any tricks of the trade to boost some = extra HP and get better gas mileage. Could the catalytic converter be clogged it = doesn't appear to be since I do have a lot of exhaust flow discharge (for those = looking for an air compressor). This vehicle is a CA emission vehicle and 4 = speed manual tranny. Any helpful thoughts would be helpful.
Andy
82 Westy CA