From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf Of Dick & = Janette Smith
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 1999 9:34 = AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: = list

    I have enjoyed the list up = until the last few weeks and I am now leaving it at least for the present time.    At first I was super impressed by the = overall help and information that was available and I saved many (50+) messages = that pertain to my bus.   For this I thank you who supplied them.     Recently though it seems as if the = list has become a sounding board for a select few and on any subject that = they choose.    I don't need to know about childbirth, interstates, out of country purchases of vehicles, etc.   = Also when a message is sent with an error in it, who are any of us to = correct the sender in a short sarcastic manner, when most of us have made a = similar error in the past.    Recently a young lady sent a = joke in about Penn/NJ and was flamed but several others more recently have = sent in off list messages and it seems to be OK.   As I look at it = the list seems to be over run by just a few persons who find it their = duty to respond to everything that comes up whether it has a positive or = negative effect on the original message.   A few things that would = help to restore the list would be  1. Post only messages that pertain = to the vehicles it was designed for.  2. If you reply, do your = homework and reply with accurate and pertinent information.   3.  = Leave out the sarcasm and criticism.   4. Don't hog the bandwidth. 5.  And most importantly, treat everyone equally!!!    Also for those of you who can't contain = yourselves within these simple lines,  maybe you need a social = list for all the other crap.

Dick & Janette Smith
Norwich, NY
KC2AOC
Retired
85 Westy Vanagon GL   = "Sally Ann"
"No One May Step Twice In The Same River"