'85 Westy

Date:    Sun, 28 Nov = 1999 17:25:55 -0500
From:    LAWS HOME <backintime@TRITON.NET>
Su= bject: UH-Oh!

So, the wife comes home and says,"Honey don't be mad = but..." I always cringe
when she says that. This time the "toaster" aka Milton, = wont shift into
first or second gear. Great, so you drove it home 16 miles = using 3rd and
fourth? Do I have a clutch left? It appears that I do, it = will work in
reverse and 3rd and 4th, just doesn't have first or = second.......shift fork?
If so can I repair this w/o removing the tranny? I was thinking = (don't
laugh) I could take off the front tranny mouont and then the = front section
and fix it that way...Am I nuts or can this be done? BTW It's = an '84 Vanagon
4speed. Any help appreciated, = Tom