Date:         Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:30:17 -0500

Sender:       Vanagon Mailing List

From:         EMZ

Subject:      Syncro front end alignment specs. needed

Comments: To: Vanagon list

Morning All,

    Does anyone have the front end Alignment specs.

for a all most empty 1986 Vanagon Syncro. The only

mod. I have made is add B.F. Goodrich 27"x8.5-14

tires. I looked at the achieves and came up with

what seams to me to be an overly complicated

method of calculating it. Take this to any

mechanic around here and he will throw you out!

After I noticed the outer edges of my almost new tires

starting to turn up and seeing all the parts I put on

the frontend, (steering rack, etc.) I'm well over

due for an alignment. Finding anyone with a frontend

machine, who will work with the customer is the biggest

problem. I fell as if the only way to get this job

done right is do it myself. Anyone would like to

loan me a front end alignment rack?

            Eric                   86-VW4x4

            vw4x4@fyi.net          72-240z

            Pittsburgh, PA USA     1936-Chrysler

Hi Eric,

Did you ever find an updated source for the alignment?  I have to do the same thing.

Thanks & Regards
Sanford

91 Syncro camper