When I thought I had the problem licked = it has now resurfaced.  I had an idle problem on cold start but once it warmed = up it idled fine.  Using the advice of the list I replaced the temp = sensor and it ran great for 2 days.  It is now back as it was previously, no idle = without assistance from the gas pedal.

It has been cold here in No. Cal and = this is usually when the problem is most noticeable.

I am open to any suggestions otherwise = it is off to the VW shop :-(

BTW, the resistance of the of the temp = sensor (cold) was approx. 1.45k ohms - if it makes any difference.  Also I = checked for 5 volt from the ECU and verified the wiring to the ECU is = ok.

Thanks,
Willie