From: Mark Drillock [mailto:drillock@EARTHLINK.NET= ]
Sent: Friday, December 24, 1999 6:25 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Digitool saves the day

Hi Darrell. Thank you for sending me the Digitool. It = really paid for
itself last month in Baja. We were traveling with = our friends Peter and
his wife and daughter when Peter's Vanagon Syncro up = and died in the
middle of nowhere 500 miles south of the border. The = road was narrow and
there was no shoulder so he was stuck blocking half = the road. His engine
had just stopped and would not restart. We hooked up = my Digitool and it
was immediately obvious that it was an electrical = problem as the
Digitool showed NO POWER to the ECU. We got out the = Bentley, voltmeter,
and hat pin and soon discovered a bad wire to the = ECU control relay in
the engine compartment. We replaced a short section = of wire to the relay
box and the engine started right up. We were stopped = less than an hour
thanks in large part to your invention.

Mark Drillock