Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 2000 00:11:35 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@BRIGHT.NET>
Subject:      '91 Caravelle GL power door lock malfunction
Comments: To: jeandan@bright.net

After only 151,000 miles and ten years of locking/unlocking, my power door locks will not quit cycling until I shut the door(s); and then they almost always stop in the locked mode. All doors and hatch work and lock/unlock properly except for the continued cycling at the doors. A trip to my VW mechanic (since 1963), shopowner friend yielded zilch. After helping him push around a Honda and a Subaru (his partner is semi-retired and off to gun shows) I was paid with a copy of the wiring diagrams off his diagnostics computer. He has not experienced such a malfunction and before I delve into the unknown behind the door panels I thought I might tap this wealth of knowledge and experience that I have most recently stumbled upon. Ideas?

One other problem and I promise I'll stop writing and just read like I've been doing for this, my first week on the list... . Occasionally, my automatic transmission slips on any given morning (doesn't appear to be weather related...no consistancy anway). It slips for only the first few feet/yards and it always stops slipping and does not slip again after the first time. The last time in the above shop the wonderful, experienced and all 'round good guy mechanic gave a look at it, found nothing amiss...as I said it is intermittent. Again...any ideas?

Stephan Steele Chillicothe, Ohio '91 Caravelle GL: Hans the fun bus will run at 75 mph all day @18mpg '92 Jetta GL: son #1 won't let me drive it '68 Karmann Ghia: son #2's project car

[text/html]