Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 May 2000 15:28:03 -0700
From:         BRENT CHRISTENSEN <bchristensen@INFOGENESIS.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC Effectiveness
Comments: To: Kirk and Becky Stock <beersgood@YAHOO.COM>

Kirk:

While it is a different sort of cooling, I can tell you that when properly charged and working, Westy A/C is quite effective. Last July we found ourselves stuck in a traffic snarl-up (thanks to CalTrans) at high noon in the area around Modesto, CA. (The Central Valley). It was about 95 degrees outside, and we traveled at no more than about 10 mph for a good hour or so. I had the A/C on full blast the whole time, and it kept us very comfortable. and comfortable as long as the sun wasn't shining directly on a body part.

While we missed the direct blast of cold air in the face that you can get from dash-mounted registers, we were reminded of how effective the A/C was the instant we pulled over for a bio-break and stepped outside the car into the searing heat. Also, my 2-year old daughter in the back seat was complaining that it was too cold. (!)

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy Santa Barbara, CA

> -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf > Of Kirk and Becky Stock > Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 2:47 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: AC Effectiveness > > > Greetings Listees, > > As summer rapidly aproaches I am once again torn with > the question of "Do I want to spend the money to > recharge the AC (freon) on my vanagon?" I have owned > the vanagon for about 2 years and the AC has never > worked. I am wondering how effective it is since it > sits about 10 feet behind me. Any input would be > appreciated. > > Thanks, > Kirk > 85 Westy > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. > http://im.yahoo.com/ >

[text/html]